Founders Day marks the founding of San Francisco State University in 1899 and is a day for the entire SF State community to give back to this great learning institution.
Student organizations can get involved by tabling on Founders Day, Tuesday, March 15, any time from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tabling is a great way for groups to promote their organization and funraise for the HOPE Fund (Help, Opportunity & Pathway to Empowerment). Participating student organizations will be collecting coins (and dollars) that will be put towards the HOPE Fund, and you can join in on the effort with a gift online at www.gofundme.com/hopefundcrisisloan.
How does your student organization get involved?
Follow these three simple steps:
- Click here to register your organization.
- Represent your student org at the March 15th Founders Day festivity in Malcolm X Plaza by tabling from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Once you register your student organization, you will receive an email with further instructions on getting your table, donation envelopes and donation box.
How can my organization collect money?
- Collect cash and checks. When you table on March 15th, we will give you donation envelopes and a donation box in which to store collected funds.
- Donate online. You can also direct people to donate online for the HOPE Fund by directing them to our giving page.
- On March 15th at 2 p.m., Alumni Association staff will gather and tally all that your organization has collected.
What else do I need to know?
- Alumni Relations Office of Annual Giving has reserved 30 tables (with 2 chairs each) for any participating student organization. You simply need to pick up your table in CCSC starting at 11:30 a.m. Once your organization registers, you will receive additional instructions from Ryan Jones, assistant director, Parents Early Engagement Program.
Represent your organization
- You should feel free to promote your organization as you normally would when tabling. Pass out flyers. Plug what your organization stands for. The only difference is that every table will also be collecting money for Founders Day.
Participating Student Organizations
- 37 Degrees North Geography Society
- Alpha Phi
- Climbing at San Francisco State University
- Financial Analysis and Management Education
- Hermanos Unidos
- Holistic Health Network
- International Relations Student Association
- Liberal Studies Student Organization
- Management Organization for Business Students
- Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Omicron Pi
- Youth Spirit Artworks
Want to help a student organization reach their fundraising goal faster?
When you give online at bit.ly/1P493CK, write "In honor of (Name of Student Organization)" in the Comments box!