Here are a 10 ways you can get involved with SF State:
1. Serve as a Guest Speaker
Share your story with current students. Students want to hear about your educational experience and learn about your job. Volunteer by speaking in class, as part of a speaker series, or on a career panel.
2. Career or Internship Opportunities
Provide an opportunity for a current student to work in your office. Promote your job posting with us! Contact Melanie Summers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Host or assist with an Alumni event
If you are interested in helping plan an alumni event or have suggestions for events, we'd love to hear from you. Contact email@example.com.
4. Return to Campus!
Come back to visit your favorite faculty and friends. We want to hear your stories and keep in touch. Visit alumni.sfsu.edu/events.
5. Connect with Us on Social Media
Don’t forget to identify SF State as your alma mater on your profiles and bios.
6. Support SF State
Make an annual gift! Every gift makes a difference, no matter the size! Choose where you want to donate! 100% tax-deductible. Visit develop.sfsu.edu/makeagift.
7. Shop & Smile for SF State at Amazon.com
AmazonSmile is an online shopping site, part of Amazon.com, which donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to charitable organizations, including the San Francisco State University Foundation. Want to make sure SF State benefits from your shopping? Shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/26-1169717!
8. Join the Alumni Advisory Council
Selected from a wide spectrum of class years and fields of study, Alumni Advisory Council members represent the voices of nearly 250,000 University alumni. They are engaged and proven leaders in the San Francisco Bay Area. Volunteer today. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Advocate for SF State
Keep yourself informed about the University’s news and updates. Spread the word by telling family, friends and coworkers about SFSU's growth and progress.
10. Attend an Event and show your Gator Pride
SF State offers many diverse opportunities for entertainment, including plays, concerts, and speakers. Mark your calendars and attend events throughout the year. You can also cheer on fellow Gators at your favorite sporting event! To see a list of upcoming events visit sfsu.edu/calendar.
For more information on getting involved, contact the following:
- Alumni Office: Caitlin Tramel, Executive Director of Alumni & Constituent Relations, (415) 338-2217, email@example.com.
- College of Business: Timothy Anderson, Senior Director of Development, (415) 338-6599, firstname.lastname@example.org or Manny Nungaray, Director of Development, (415) 405-2655, email@example.com.
- College of Ethnic Studies: Alex Sanchez, Director of Development, (415) 338-1032, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College of Liberal and Creative Arts: Chris Hepp, Director of Development, (415) 405-4355, email@example.com
- College of Health & Social Science: John Warner, Senior Director of Development, (415) 338-3573, firstname.lastname@example.org or David Fierberg, Director of Development, (415) 405-3966, email@example.com.
- College of Science & Engineering: Michael Behrens, Director of Development, (415) 405-4098, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want a reminder? Download a flyer with all the above ideas and hang it on your wall!