Through their generous gifts of time and resources, dedicated alumni put into practice the University's motto, "Experience Teaches." Here are a couple of opportunities available to you at SF State!
Each year, volunteers are needed to review SF State scholarship applications from March to June to allocate nearly $200,000 in awards to 100 student winners. Applications are reviewed remotely online without any need to travel to SF State, but volunteers must be able to access a computer with Internet. Each volunteer is expected to evaluate a minimum of 10 scholarship applications, which typically requires about 2 to 4 hours total.
You must be an SF State alumni in good standing and Alumni Association members may select which scholarship they wish to read to evaluate.
To learn more, please contact Evrim Ozer, associate director of alumni relations and annual giving, at (415) 405-3580.
Stay connected with the SF State community through Gator Connect, an online professional networking and mentoring platform designed exclusively for SF State alumni, students, staff and faculty. Join the platform to provide mentorship and advice to current students, and seek out helpful connections with fellow alumni.
To join this new and exciting community now:
- Go to http://gatorconnect.sfsu.edu
- Click on “Join the Community”
- Select either “LinkedIn” or “Email” login method
- For “LinkedIn” method: use your LinkedIn login info to link your account
- For “Email” method: enter your information and choose a password to “Create Account”
- Complete your profile and start making connections