Through their generous gifts of time and resources, dedicated alumni put into practice the University's motto, "Experience Teaches." Here are a couple of opportunities available to you at SF State!
Each year, volunteers are needed to review SF State scholarship applications from March to June to allocate nearly $200,000 in awards to 100 student winners. Applications are reviewed remotely online without any need to travel to SF State, but volunteers must be able to access a computer with Internet. Each volunteer is expected to evaluate a minimum of 10 scholarship applications, which typically requires about 2 to 4 hours total.
You must be an SF State alumni in good standing and Alumni Association members may select which scholarship they wish to read to evaluate.
To learn more, please contact Evrim Ozer, associate director of alumni relations and annual giving, at (415) 405-3580.
Alumni Association Advisory Council
The purpose of the Alumni Association Advisory Council of SF State is to enhance the interaction between the University and its alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends.
Are you interested in becoming a member of the Council? Please review the Council Bylaws and apply today. We are accepting applications to the Alumni Association Advisory Council year-round.
Selected from a wide spectrum of class years and fields of study, Alumni Advisory Council members represent the voices of nearly 250,000 University alumni. They are proven leaders and engaged participants in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- David Abella, Liberal & Creative Arts
- Jeffrey Addiego, Health and Social Sciences (SF State Alumni Representative to the CSU Alumni Council)
- Alexander Amoroso, Health and Social Sciences
- Susan Beckmeyer, Business
- Sarah Brackett, Business
- Monika Brooks, Ethnic Studies (Chair)
- Guillermo Condeso, Liberal & Creative Arts
- Catherine Delany, Liberal & Creative Arts
- James Finley, Health and Social Sciences
- Natalie Franklin, Business
- Michelle Grifka, Liberal & Creative Arts
- Lars Jensen, Health and Social Sciences
- Rebecca Johnson, Science & Engineering
- Donna Kline, Liberal & Creative Arts
- Lee Lofton, Business
- Marissa Nicole Larsen-Currie, Liberal & Creative Arts
- Kathleen McIlwain, Business (Secretary)
- Anita Pepper, Liberal & Creative Arts
- Tan Phan, Business
- Paul Ratner, Liberal & Creative Arts (Vice Chair)
- Richard Rovetti, Liberal & Creative Arts
- Gottfried Tittiger, Business
Note: To nominate a former classmate, contact Evrim Ozer, associate director of alumni relations and annual giving, at (415) 405-3580.