Through their generous gifts of time and resources, dedicated alumni put into practice the University's motto, "Experience Teaches." Here are a couple of opportunities available to you at SF State!
Each year, alumni and friends volunteer to review SF State scholarship applications students submit in March through June to allocate nearly $200,000 in awards to 100 awardees. Applications are reviewed remotely online without any need to travel to SF State, but volunteers must be able to access a computer with Internet. Each volunteer is expected to evaluate a minimum of 10 scholarship applications, which typically requires about 2 to 4 hours total.
SF State alumni in good standing and Alumni Association members may select which scholarship(s) they wish to read to evaluate.
Stay connected with the SF State community through Gator Connect, an online professional networking and mentoring platform designed exclusively for SF State alumni, students, staff and faculty. Join the platform to provide mentorship and advice to current students, and seek out helpful connections with fellow alumni.
To join this new and exciting community now:
- Go to http://gatorconnect.sfsu.edu
- Click on “Join the Community”
- Select either “LinkedIn” or “Email” login method
- For “LinkedIn” method: use your LinkedIn login info to link your account
- For “Email” method: enter your information and choose a password to “Create Account”
- Complete your profile and start making connections